Thursday, January 6, 2011

An Immigrant's life

What is the new comers life like? Everyone has a different answer. But whoever you are, you have to confront with the reaility, that is you are living in a totally new environment. You have new friends and a new house, and you have to speak English all day long. Everything is new except you and your family.

For me, the biggest problem is isolating, information is isolated. Everyone has their own group,  people always called this group is "ecosystem". They have the same languages and almost the same habits. Everything they talking based on the similar foundation. Once you leave this ecosystem you will never be able to catch up with the process they are doing. Between my settiing up my new ecosystem and giving up my old one, there is a long time period. This period drives a gap between me and my old friends. That is why sometimes I feel I don't have a comman conversition topic with my old friends. We are living in different environments, and we don't have any new topics any more but only the memories. What a shame!

Any new immigrant needs to fit into the new life asap. Don't worry about how people look at you. Just do everything yourself like before. Don't imitate others. You are yourself. Keep your  excellence, stop your bed habits and make new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment